Team Hasti will be taking on our biggest challenge yet!
Together, let's walk, run, swim, cycle, row … maybe even moonwalk ... all the way to Cyprus! For our Home 2 Home virtual challenge we will cover the 4,855 miles from the second place Hasti ever lived in Colchester to her third home in Cyprus and all the way back to the UK in any way you like.
Will you be on Team Hasti?
As a military family, we have had to move home many times and we want to continue celebrating Hasti's journeys. Last time, Hasti's mom Hengameh, walked the first journey from Beaconsfield to Colchester and this time we want you to join us, and help us to the vital funds needed to defeat Cornelia de Lange Syndrome - see how below!
1) Register as a participant by clicking
2) Pay the registration fee of £12 per participant (Make sure it is not anonymous so your payment can be identified)
3) Download the STRAVA app and join the 'Home 2 Home' private club (live from 13th Jun). The miles will be logged on this private STRAVA group set up specifically for the participants of this challenge. We will keep you posted on Facebook with how far Team Hasti has travelled.
4) Boost your fundraising by starting your own JustGiving fundraiser and get your friends to sponsor you.
5) Start running, walking, cycling and swimming and log your distance on the Strava app
Start: Mon 15th Jun @ 0600
Finish: Wed 12th Aug @ 2200
Everyone that joins Team Hasti and joins the challenge will receive an awesome Hope for Hasti Medal.
A Hope for Hasti t-shirt and a special handmade certificate will be awarded to the winners of the following three categories:
1) Most successful junior fundraiser (under 18 years of age)
2) Most successful adult fundraiser (18 years and over)
3) Best Home2Home photo uploaded to Strava (to be judged by Hasti)
Don't forget to tag #HopeforHasti when you upload your pics so we can see what you're up to!
How will you do your home 2 home challenge?
Follow this link to Google Docs and you'll find lots of useful resources to help you on your Home 2 Home challenge, including:
1) A sponsorship form you can download and print if you want to collect cash donations
2) A guide explaining how you can set up your own JustGiving Fundraiser
3) Images you can use on social media to tell your friends and followers about the challenge and your progress (in development)